20 Chinese companies met companies from the Pays de la Loire region on 5 November 2014 in Nantes.
In the continuity of the regional mission in China, which took place from 20 to 24 October 2014, and as part of the Franco-Chinese Decentralised Cooperation Conference in Strasbourg at the beginning of November, the Pays de la Loire region and the territory’s economic stakeholders welcomed a delegation of political representatives and company directors from the Province of Shangdong on 5 November.
The Pays de la Loire office in Qingdao recruited Chinese companies and will play a central role in continuing these exchanges beyond this initial meeting. Within the Chinese delegation were several major industrial groups from the agro-food, domestic appliances, automobile and wood sectors. 3 of them are already located in France: Haier, Hisense and Weichai.
The aim was to raise awareness of Chinese stakeholders and promote the territory around the themes of the Factory of the Future and Green Energy in particular, in order to develop collaborative projects and technological and commercial partnerships, in both directions. The delegation’s institutional representatives included members of the Chambers of Commerce, who could orientate Loire region companies towards opportunities in export markets.
The development of the programme of this “investors” day, piloted by the Agence régionale (Regional Agency) was made possible thanks to the mobilisation of the CCII (CCI International), the WTC (World Trade Center Nantes Atlantique) Nantes-Saint-Nazaire Port and members of the international hub, competitiveness Poles and clusters and regional PRI. Around thirty regional companies participated.
The Chinese delegation’s programme was structured around 3 main themes :
o A “Networking” time between members of the Chinese delegation and Pays de la Loire region companies.
o Two round-tables:
- Advanced Production Technologies, on the theme of the Factory of the Future and the 3rd French Industrial Revolution with Sepro Robotique (PRI Proxinnov), Daher, FAB 44, Europe Technologies, Exago Group, Allio SAS, Chatal and Nantes-Saint-Nazaire Port…
- Green Energy on New Renewable Energies, hydrogen and Microalgae projects with Neopolia, AIA (Novabuild), Algosources (Blue Cluster), STX, Transway, Meteodyn, Altera and Nantes-Saint-Nazaire Port…
o Meeting for exchanges between institutional players:
- Logistics: Port of Qingdao/ Port of Nantes St Nazaire
- Industrial sector: industrial fabric and avenues for cooperation
- International: presentation of actions carried out with France/Europe for Chinese structures and by members of the Hub on China/South-East Asia.
- Testimonies: Nantes-Saint-Nazaire Port, Ecole de design de Nantes, ESSCA Angers, World Trade Center, Berthault Engineering, Le Mans Development (International Business Days during 24 H du Mans), Angers Loire Development (Confucius Center)…
This first Pays de la Loire-Shangdong “Investors day” has been as success : some Chinese companies plan to attend some international events 2015 that Pays de la Loire Region welcomes, such as SIVAL, Salon du Végétal in Angers, Laval Virtual in Laval and Green Week in Nantes.